Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Friday, July 15, 2022

Art in Bloom garden tour, house number 4 as posted in 'When I Was 69'

 

Art in Bloom garden tour, house number 4






Here Ellen checks the view the artist is painting, and my friend Helen looks on!




We had to guess what these little fruits were, but when asked what the leaves looked like, I said peaches. That was the clue, they are nectarines, my favorite fruit! How great that they can grow here as well as California!





I chose to walk up the steps to the raised deck rather than follow the stepping stones to the back yard.


Again a lot of gravel. And another building too!


A second artist working on the other side of the house!

As we left there were three flowers in red to enjoy...




Check out the floral art that was in the gallery over on my blog  Alchemy of Clay


The wisest man is he who does not fancy that he is so at all. -Nicolas Boileau-Despr, poet and critic (1 Nov 1636-1711)

2 comments:

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.