Black Mountain

Springtime in Black Mountain. Looking down from parking lot at Ceramic Studio to Sutton Ave and the railroad tracks.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Container Garden part 2

I'm so glad to have two new geraniums.  All my old geraniums died last summer with root rot when it rained for about a month.  Of course I didn't know that was happening or I might have saved them.  Pots on the ground will probably be recycled for a plant sale soon.
One of the 2 tomato plants has a lot to be hopeful about.  I also planted a few seeds
of zinnias and marigolds around the outside of the plant. Wires are the
 cage to help hold the plant.
My 4 year old gardenia (maybe older) is happily repotted.

Quote for the day:


The foundation of greatness is honoring the small things of the present moment, instead of pursuing the idea of greatness.  Eckhart Tolle

3 comments:

  1. I always like to plant a Geranium or two. Probably will this year too, if it ever warms up! Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plant a potted herb garden on our sunny deck and it gives me fresh herbs all summer. I think I'll try some tomatoes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to winter over my geraniums and it usually works. They go crazy when they see full sunshine and natural weather after being inside all winter.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.