Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Monday, December 3, 2018

Mountain Folk Harpers

Folk Harps...and not just one but an ensemble...7 harpists on a stage, many playing together for many of the pieces they shared, but some were duets, and a couple of solos.

It was well choreographed, and had a home town flair to it...there were some mistakes, and corrections.  It reminded me of the efforts in a recital.  Not quite professional.

But it was very sweet, and a nice break from unloading pottery around my apartment.  I was happy my friend had an extra ticket and offered to take me.  You can call me at the last minute any time, and I'll usually say yes!

 John Hickman was the M.C.





 Sue Richards spoke about her harp, (she teaches at the Center for the Arts)

 Then she played a delightful solo.

 Ann Bolton, Jill Sagarin, Anne Elizabeth, Patti Speyer, Sue Richards, Jeanne Bolton...



 The harpers in the back were not able to be watched since they were behind those in front.  But I'm sure they contributed to the mellow sounds.

Today's Quote:
We truly want to succeed but may be afraid, so we subconsciously create circumstances to keep ourselves stuck.
Madisyn Taylor - Daily Om

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I would love the hear this harp music. Wonderful photos.
    Happy Monday, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm accustomed to one harp in an orchestra, but never a group of them together.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.