Black Mountain

Springtime in Black Mountain. Looking down from parking lot at Ceramic Studio to Sutton Ave and the railroad tracks.

Friday, April 5, 2019

Sailing sailing

Remote controlled sailboating...it's on a sign that the sailing club puts up when they are having a sail.




 Sorry about picture quality...but trying to capture the movement of boats around the little bouys...kind of impressionistic looking!


The pilots (captains?) of the boats all have these harnesses across their backs.



Sharing this with Sepia Saturday this week...though of course I've missed again on having  "old photos"...but the boats are floating around on the lake, so I couldn't resist the link to the theme this week!



10 comments:

  1. All males as far as I can see. What is it about boys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The remote controlled sailboats are neat. Happy Friday, I hope your day and weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun. I had no idea those boats were so big until the shot with the one lying out on the ground. I'm with everyone else. How come only men are sailing those things? Where are the gals sailing 'em? I'd love to try my hand at it. I used to sail boats with a string attached.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the placid lakes and the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A near perfect fit for the theme. Just need a woman in her bathing suit swimming out to rescue an capsized boat. Considering the price of buying and maintaining a real sailboat this looks like a very inexpensive way to enjoy the wind and water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the picts of the remote controlled boats, but what really took my eye were the mountains in the background. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen remote control sailing before. I did see a learn-to-sail class at our lake last summer. There was an obstacle course the students had to maneuver. Quite interesting but sailing is not for me - I like the security of a flat-bottom pontoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Call me New York centric, but I have seen these sailboats in Central Park and never imagined they were in use elsewhere. Certainly less taxing than actual sailing -- no "Perfect Storms" to throw one overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have memories as a child of boys “sailing” remote controlled boats on the lake in the park near my home. But that was years ago and i haven’t seen any for a very long time. The reflections in the photographs are love

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.