Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, August 23, 2021

Favorite perhaps?

 






The little family of adolescent Mallards were entertaining while we ate lunch.

There are usually a couple of crews of Hispanic men also eating, a lot of them like being inside for the air conditioning. It says a lot that these construction workers like the fare here.


I keep trying different shrimp dishes...and so far my favorite is Shrimp Tacos Baja. 

Tables are much closer again, and staff is only half way masked. I asked one gentleman where his mask was, and he said he'd been vaccinated. I (wearing my mask until time to eat) said so was I. I didn't say, but you can still pass on Delta virus! but I sure thought it. our waiter was masked throughout his service, and he got good tips!


Flat Creek is behaving herself again after Tuesday when she bathed the patio...a rise of maybe 3 feet. This flood didn't get inside the restaurant, as one a couple of years ago did. Since then there have been several construction projects here.

My birthday lunch with Teresa!





Today's quote:

Times of scarcity need to be met with generosity, times of fear with comfort, times of uncertainty with presence. When we care for those around us, we create a field of love.

THOMAS HÜBL

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I would love the shrimp tacos too, yum! Cute capture of the ducks. The first shot is pretty, I like the sky!
    Take care, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen! The ducks were so sweet! The humidity was actually down to a reasonable level that afternoon!

      Delete
  2. This masking thing is so hard for people to understand. But it shouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's probably not high on their minds...the managers may have simplified it, wear mask if you're not vaccinated! I'm reading all kinds of things on line, and these guys and gals do text each other a lot on their phones (when their tables don't need assistance), but I think young people don't have a grasp on mortality yet.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.