Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Monday, August 9, 2021

The month of August is...

 First I consider it my birth month, and then I think of all the Leo birthdays, which even started in July.

Then there are all my relatives who were also born in this month...including a couple in early Sept. Lots of summertime babies!

Somehow two of my sons married Leo women. And the other son is a Leo himself.

Though I was born on the cusp of Virgo, and have a few traits from my independent self, I'm happy to also have a granddaughter and my youngest son born in early Sept.

OK, I don't really put much energy into astrology any more...kind of outgrew it...I guess.

Even though I read an announcement saying the pool had closed, there were people swimming at 10:45 when I arrived for my chair yoga class in the Lakeview Center last Fri.


I hadn't been in this room for almost 2 years...and was happy to remember a few people...some even by name! I had arrived early because I wanted to talk with Deb, the teacher, but had forgotten that she had another Yoga class just before this downstairs.

So I was happy to take part in the chair yoga class, without my back bothering me at all. 

And when I left the class, others were coming to have lunches (at $1.50 each donation.) I suggested to the woman in charge that it would be great if they offered a vegetarian choice. She smiled at me. We know that's a long way from happening. They are always struggling to keep the program running. During many months past, they had been boxing up lunches for people to pick up in the parking lot. The Council on Aging is trying to give many elderly people a nutritious meal, because they think many of them wouldn't have any hot meal at all. I can see that from my own hesitancy when I'm not feeling well to not want to cook anything.

Some tiny kids and moms were at the pool when I left around noon.

More about August? Well, I am planning to do some more work on my Ancestry charts...thinking of all the thousands of ancestors that I have!




6 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Happy birthday to you! The pool looks wonderful, the center is a great place for the community. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All summer it has been jam packed with kids and moms...and a few dads. I guess since school is starting this week, only little bitty ones are able to come to the pool. And in another month or so the rec. dept. will cover it so it winters under a tarp. Thanks for the early birthday wish!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much...I have to wait a few more weeks till the actual day!

      Delete
  3. I am a Virgo, but of course I think that it is all nonsense. Fun maybe, but ...
    Just my humble opinion. OK, I'm not all that humble. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I do like most qualities of Virgos...most of them. Then there are some very irksome ones. Of course it's nonsense, but a code which many of us have a vague understanding of.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.