Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Catching up

 And you deserve to see what frost did to that pretty coleus that's in my header photo on my other blog, When I Was 69...



Before



After - two days later.

It was 21 when I took this last photo, and got in my car to go to the dentist.


I should have got the scraper out of the trunk, since I had my wooly hat and leather gloves on, but it was easier to sit and wait, though I actually drove the first block with some of these lovely frost flowers still on the windshield.

I love finding out what receptionist's passions are. This flat leaf fig is Sharon's, at the dentist.


Today's quote:

Gratefulness is a touchstone, offering us what we need not simply to survive difficult times but to appreciate them for their exquisite complexity, buried blessings, rich opportunities, and deep teachings.

KRISTI NELSON





13 comments:

  1. With luck, I won't have to deal with frosted windshields too often, for we mostly garage the vehicle when we are home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a luxury which I don't have here. As a matter of fact, I don't remember ever putting my cars in a garage. Poor old cars.

      Delete
  2. ...I find catching up difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to take too many photos of the same places. Well, beautiful is what I see. Boring perhaps to others.

      Delete
  3. I hope that coleus survives the frost. It really is a lovely plant. The frost on windshield looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut the dead parts off yesterday and brought it inside...the stem still had green core, and several apparent shoots which also had frozen, but they might promise some more to come.

      Delete
  4. My coleus met the same fate! Now I have cyclamen which are hardier in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just quit doing outside porch gardening in the winter. I pared back the gorgeous flowers on the geranium and all the dead leaves and stems on the coleus, and brought them inside. Even the remaining yellow mums are now in a sunny window.

      Delete
  5. Amazing growing a fig indoors. Mostly for decor rather than fruit I guess. I pulled my coleus out after cutting some starts for next year and planted bulbs in the planter for the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought it was a shefflera. I had a big one of those in an office once. But she corrected me. It sure looks happy there.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.