Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Short walk at Lake Tomahawk

 

Even on a grey day, one can find beauty at the lake. Reflections are softened.



This Canada Goose couple owned the right of way for walkers, but would let us pass if we didn't look too threatening. I do wonder what they think of the black cards/phones which people point at them like I did here.

The Mallard families waddled away from the lake, and I do hope they were cautious as they cross the road in the distance.

An Oak Hydrangea still had last year's blooms' skeletons, while the new growth is bursting forth!

What's the password please? 

And then there was the cherry tree.





Since the B&B beyond the fence is no longer in business, but sold to a private family, I do hope someone keeps these beautiful gardens up.



Today is:

National Take a Walk in the Park Day, 
Doctors Day

Today's quote:

Don't ask me who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life. -
Giorgos Seferis, writer, diplomat, Nobel laureate (1900-1971)

14 comments:

  1. ...thanks for taking me along, let's do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, and with warmer weather, I'll be walking more (I hope).

      Delete
  2. Blossoms and flowers in time for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough, but I think of them as springtime glories.

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter Barbara,
    I love the view of the lake, the geese and the Mallards. The blossoming trees look beautiful.
    Nice walk and great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be part of Saturday's Critters post with you and so happy to see your positive comments every day here!

      Delete
  4. Our spring weather has been in-and-out: we have pretty days and not-so-pretty ones. I hope April will be real spring. Your weather looks better.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never can tell, these days. Our poor Farmer's Almanac is sadly not prepared for climate change.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures and, as a life-long voracious reader, I LOVE the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you are absolutely full of some wonderful creatures and characters!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos of your walk there. I loved the very descriptive "bloom skeletons." (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like using dried flowers, and those hydrangeas seem to last a long time.

      Delete
  7. Nice to get out for a walk, even if it's grey. Beautiful cherry trees!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.