Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Celebrating 101 years

 Marilyn Braun just turned 101 years old. She comes to exercise every week (brought by her daughter) at the Lakeview Center for Active Aging.

I told her I am often encouraged by her being there. She just does what she can. And that's all anyone can do! She walks with a walker, and can get up and down from her chair just fine. She's a "little bit of a thang."



Our chair yoga class on Friday mornings sang happy birthday to her! Here our teacher, Deb Vingle shows us how to flex our feet to keep them working happily. In the background under the window another group of seniors are playing cards.


Today's quote:

In a world myriad as ours, the gaze is a singular act: to look at something is to fill your whole life with it, if only briefly.

OCEAN VUONG


13 comments:

  1. Wow 101, Happy Birthday to Marilyn! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...she is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my LORD, she is lovely! I am sure her life has been interesting, worthy of interview and a book, maybe? There's a project for you!!
    Chair yoga looks about right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since she only comes for exercise, I'll not get to sit down with her at lunch like I do with others. So I may interview some of our nonagenarians!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I agree she is a big inspiration. Happy birthday, Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so lovely of you all wishing her happiness, I'll gladly pass it on to her.

      Delete
  5. Some people have the genes.

    Our exercised leader used to have us pick up objects like marbles with out toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy Moley...never could I do that. But then my grandfather could pick up a dime with his toes. Must not have gotten the right gene!

      Delete
  6. How uplifting to meet her! Thank you friend. Aloha

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.