Moving on over

I've combined my blogs, just look at the last post, over at Alchemy of Clay. Trying to have a life outside blogland. Not sure it's going to work....

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An old retreat center

YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly, founded 1906
No wonder people from all over have come to Black Mountain in the summertime, this has been here a long time!
Do you have stories of summer camp?

Quote of the day:

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.  Marcel Proust

2 comments:

  1. Barbara -- my parents were not great believers in summer camps. They believed that we all should enjoy the great outdoors together as a family and therefore we would all pack up and stay in rustic cabins for weeks at a time during the summer. I could bring a friend.I feel this was rather like a summer camp as we discovered lots of outdoor activities along the beach and in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a few bible camps as a kid. I always enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They will be posted as soon as they are moderated by the blog author.