Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Monday, April 15, 2013

Parkway early spring




A grey forest, soon to become green.  March 30, 2013 was prior to spring on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  So many more houses were visible.  This overlook is one of my favorites, facing south so there's a nice warm sun to sit and relax and enjoy.


The handicap overlook area is my choice for placing my folding chair and looking at the beauty of these mountains.
Notice the slowly climbing cut of the Parkway across the valley going from left to right as it travels north.


3 comments:

  1. We love driving on the Parkway, especially now that the Pisgah Inn is open. What a great breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pisgah Inn is a couple hours drive from me, so I think I'll go for lunch...the fresh trout used to be wonderful.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.