Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Finally holly, but...

There is the holly tree, on my neighbors lot at the junction of three pieces of property. Isn't that a great fencing idea, using gates just as pieces to hold the spaces where it would have been cumbersome to run a fence?  They aren't operational gates obviously.

And are there holly berries?

Nary a berry this year.  In years past this tree has produced berries, but this is its off year I guess.

Quote for today:


We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

2 comments:

  1. Holly doesn't grow up here. I remember seeing plastic sacks of it sold at the grocery store when I was a kid. Also mistletoe. Florists do ship it in now and put it in Christmas arrangements. I thought it was only a bush and not a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something else I didn't know! I thought Holly came from bushes too.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.