Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Monday, December 15, 2014

Not holly but misteltoe



Today I bring you mistletoe...soon will find some holly. This oak is the only one that I saw with mistletoe growing in it...on the earthen dam that forms Lake Tomahawk.


All the green you see on the oak tree is mistletoe.  Since this is at a park, it's unlikely the Black Mountain Parks Department will harvest it.  But perhaps some enterprising persons will.

Quote for today:


And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.
Meister Eckhart

4 comments:

  1. I learn something new every time I visit your blog! Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go out with my father many years ago. He would shoot the mistletoe out of the tree. I did it once myself and learned not to hold the shotgun against my shoulder. The kick sent me to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really never knew where mistletoe did grow. You live in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly and ivy I have in plenty but no mistletoe (that I know of.)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.