Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Monday, December 8, 2014

Sunshine and Berries

A vine caught my eye yesterday.  Blue sky set off these red berries.  But could I figure out how to focus the camera on just the berries?  Well, I have about 30 trashcan shots of the branches behind them with just a red blur that indicates the camera was pointed in the right direction, but refused to focus upon them.  Geese, what a time I had.  But finally this one happened, and I went home!

Quote to share with you:


Hope is like a road in the country: there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.
Lin Yutang

4 comments:

  1. Nice shot ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great shot. I like the colors and I use to know the name of the berries but it just isn't coming to mind. If I remember, I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the perfect capture! I throw away lots more photos than I ever keep!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara -- I believe you have captured the beautiful bittersweet plant. Although some bittersweet plants are invasive the American variety is not. Your shot really captures the essence of its color against your depth of field. Did you ever try to dry some of its berried branches? -- makes a nice bouquet. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.