Black Mountain

Springtime in Black Mountain. Looking down from parking lot at Ceramic Studio to Sutton Ave and the railroad tracks.

Friday, May 17, 2019

Beacon Blanket Mill

I may have mentioned that I'm being a docent a couple of times a month at the Swanannoa History Museum, and their big display this year is about the beacon Blanket Mil in Swanannoa. Swanannoa in an unincorporated village between Black Mountain and Asheville, NC.

The Beacon display has many interesting details. I'll share a bit with you.
































The story boards tell almost everything you might want to know about the factory, and the results of beautiful blankets and bathrobes.

It took about half an hour to read them all, and take photos of them.

There are also 3 videos.  I hope you get a chance to visit.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, the story boards are interesting. I like the bathrobes, they look really warm. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen...this display takes a few minutes to walk around and read all the boards...which I tried to give you the experience of with photos.
    I'll be back there on next Wed. and take a few of the upstairs antique displays. There are some new "old" things displayed this year.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.