Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, September 10, 2021

Black Mountain Library

  It's one of those old modern buildings...probably built in the 60s.


I used to love the earliest spring flowers that would bloom in this bed, which faces south. But all the beds were torn out and these well-behaved things were planted along with a lot of mulch. Oh well. 
Miniature roses? What are they thinking? Well, they are all on their last legs. I can't imagine why these were planted there.

Some great sounding talks are going to be way the other side of Asheville...I think I've found that library once, but it's just too far for me to drive, especially at night on the way home.


I've been talking (on my blog about Living in Black Mountain) about another Trompe l'oeil artist who goes to my church, Robert Tynes. Brad Stroman used to live in Black Mountain, and this painting of his is hanging in our library.


3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Maybe they do not have workers to do the gardening? I think the roses are pretty, I love all the flowers and colors.
    The art work is lovely. Have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.