Black Mountain

Springtime in Black Mountain. Looking down from parking lot at Ceramic Studio to Sutton Ave and the railroad tracks.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Going for walks again

 My neighborhood. When the morning at 10 am has just 70 degrees out there. At 9 am it was only 66, a bit chilly for my August blood.

I love the slanted sunlight that has returned in the mornings as fall is coming near.

If you're very observant, the upstairs windows which are open are in my apartment, catching the cool air, as well as the "good" air quality this last Mon. morning.

Perhaps the last roses of summer, because I didn't dead-head all the rose hips after the big bloom in June. There are just too many for a hand held clipper, and apparently the landscape crew doesn't know that needed to be done.
My porch as August closes, and September brings first the rain from Ida (due the next 2 days from when I took this pic.) I will probably take everything off the railing and hanging if high winds are expected.

Today's quote:

As we move deeper into meditation, the state of our mind expands; thus, allowing us to create more space within our body.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the shadows and the flowers, lovely photos. The cooler weather is great for walking now.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...it has cooled off here recently, but we are still waiting for rain. Enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would find 66 pleasant enough for a walk, at least assuming that it wasn't very windy. Sue might fond it too hot, and I am only partly kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our nights now are consistently cool. And some fall colours are developing.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.