Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, January 8, 2023

The waiting area and a military symbol

 A few weeks ago, this hospital visit was recorded on my blog Here, and I was grateful to be able to go home...but first I had to wait here. Having come in by ambulance, I didn't have to wait here to be seen...thank the godesses!

where else but the emergency department of Mission Hospital! This was between 1 and 2 am.





Looking out for my ride for about an hour. It finally came and I could go home!

I thought this door was interesting...rolling sideways on a track.

This was the only person I saw go up these stairs. I guess there aren't many office people working at 1 am.


And then there was this guy in a car with this military shield with an eagle below it, on his license plate as well as ES. I couldn't figure it out! If any of you know, please comment and let me know!


Today's Quote:

Sometimes an abyss opens between Tuesday and Wednesday but twenty-six years could pass in a moment.

Time is not a straight line but rather a labyrinth, and if you press yourself against the wall in the right place you can hear the hurried steps and the voices, you can hear yourself walk past on the other side.

—Tomas Tranströmer, Sweedish Poet. (1915-2015)

16 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful hospital. I am glad you did not have to stay! Happy Sunday, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is an improvement from before the rennovations, just before the private hospital sold to Hospital Corp of America, without anyone knowing about it beforehand. They still give me good treatement, but a lot of people complain. Have a good week ahead yourselves!

      Delete
  2. ...first off this hospital looks to be welcoming, hat's off to the architect. That plate is about being an Eagle Boy Scout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I am so glad you knew what it stood for! That's a relief for my questioning old mind.

      Delete
    2. ...keep questioning things.

      Delete
  3. The hospital looks nice and quiet at that time of night. Not a lot of chaos going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, and it doesn't seem very foboding, with the glass and tall ceilings. Low ceilings were part of the old waiting room. You just knew you'd catch something sitting there. But I did catch something even being in a pretty confined room by myself, and was sick like I usually am in December.

      Delete
  4. The rolling door is a great idea. Saves space in a small room and avoids opening out onto a potentially busy corridor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I didn't think of that! I was thinking of gurneys and wheelchairs. But it was 1 am so I'll use that for my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hospital looks very modern and nice. Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does look good, and I'm sure sick people are just glad to sit the minimum amount of time in the waiting room. Several parents were there with tiny kids with the respiratory problems.

      Delete
  7. it’s an impressive looking place. If you have to go to the hospital, tis looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Always think twice before choosing to go to the hospital.

      Delete
  8. Too bad you had to wait so long for a ride but at least it wasn't for hours and hours until morning. I learned something, too from Tom. Never have seen that plate before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading comments, not just here, but on everyone's blogs. I learn a lot about everyone that way. If you don't ever comment how will I know who you are?

      Delete
  9. Interesting lines in this space. And those bars hanging down are an intriguing feature. What a time to have to be there, though.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.