Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Hodge Podge

 




A boy scout troop sells pumpkins next to the Methodist Church in Black Mountain



Another view of the garden at the B&B by Lake Tomahawk



I seldom share recipes, but Fezzik's Stew (from you know, the giant in Princess Bride) does sound good, with much smaller amounts of everything! 


I just love this cardinal captured for a FB posting

At our local VFW there's a new flag collection box (well the cement looks like its' been there forever, but I never noticed it till last week) Dispose of used US flags there.

Banner left over from last holiday, waiting for next one, Nov 11, Veteran's Day, I believe.

Do you remember the construction last spring of a rain garden to capture runoff from the parking lot so it wouldn't go into the lake? Well here it is today. Still a bit of overkill I'd say...that parking lot only holds about 20 cars. This ditch is big enough for a flood.


I didn't know where else to post this. This bas relief wall is next to the Black Mountain Center for the Arts...on the side of the Clay Studio. It isn't often I get to see it at night...and I love the way it looks then.

Today's quote:

He is a hard man who is only just, and a sad one who is only wise. -Voltaire, philosopher (21 Nov 1694-1778)

And today's laugh...

Three year old Mongolian child learning to ride a horse with his father.


7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The stew sounds yummy! I love the pretty Cardinal photo. The last image of the child on the horse is cute! Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great week yourself! It's beautiful weather here, for 2 days in a row. Glad you enjoyed these photos.

      Delete
  2. ...I've seem flag collection boxes here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first I've seen. There are so many flying...with patriots all around here! Hope they know proper disposals.

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to make a beef stew--this sounds really good. Love the bas relief and the child on the horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea...and I have all kinds of ingredients for a potato soup. Cleaned up the kitchen for cousins who visited for a day...now I need to mess it up!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.