Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

What's with these flowers?

 





How strange on Sept. 24 to see these azaleas blooming! These are beautiful miniature bushes, which hopefully will return in the spring with flowers!


A lot of perennials seem to be blooming again.



The above red blooms are a tiny rose...though their bushes look sad. And nobody's paying much attention to the thistle (or some other very prickly thing) growing in the foreground.

Today's quote:

Heartbreak and hope are not mutually exclusive. We can be angry and sad and filled with longing for something we cannot have, and simultaneously we can be grateful for what we’ve got — aware, for reasons we’d never choose, of what really matters and what doesn’t.

LENNON FLOWERS




15 comments:

  1. Is it the warm weather, the azalea blooms are pretty. I love your header photo. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been noticing these as well as the hydrangeas, and some roses are still blooming. We've not had rain for weeks, so the dryness pushes things to flower...probably thinking they must produce seeds in order to further their species.

      Delete
  2. ...many spring blooming plants send out blooms in fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's never been as apparent as it is this year.

      Delete
  3. I've seem some hydrangeas still hanging on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be some folks with these blue blooms. I've only ever had white ones, which come in the spring and summer.

      Delete
  4. They do look so beautiful, but also a surprise in fall. Must be nice and warm and sunny there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really comfortable for humans, but not so much for gardens, which humans are having to water to keep things alive through several weeks dry.

      Delete
  5. They are pretty to see. Those two women in the card painting sure know how to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those 2 women. Not sure which one is most like me...but I can definitely identify with them.

      Delete
  6. All of nature is a bit out of sync these days, I feel. Climate change, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all learning a new swing in weather patterns, definitely.

      Delete
  7. I noticed a bloom on my azalea, too. I think it is the crazy weather making the plants feel like it is Spring again. My okra plants are finally producing! I love the old ladies in the illustration. Makes me long for my old friend in Missouri. We loved to chat while drinking too much coffee in the mornings! I named my cat after her and miss her so much. Just not the same on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thistly thing could be a sow thistle? ( yellow flowers)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.