Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

When a vehicle becomes something more

 Just parked next to this SUV to grocery shop...



The favorite car in Black Mountain NC is a Subaru. Four wheel drive is the most popular of all. 

But to decorate with all these lovely stickers...ah, I have done such in the past. No more. I prefer to be a bit more anonymous in my elder adventures on the road.

And speaking of elders...I looked for this car (below) at the last car show and it hadn't arrived when I left around noon. It lives in that garage which is next to my church, so I was happy to see it out sunning in the driveway when I left church the other day!


,


I asked my friend what some of her stickers meant. The PL on upper left is important to her, it's pride to be Polish.

Two weeks ago (on yet another topic completely) I got my latest COVID vaccine. No problems beyond the usual sore arm for a couple of days.  So Mon. this week I got the next one that I thought would be good for me to have...the RSV one. Since winter gives me so many set backs with my breathing, I'm trying to cover all bases.  I'll give it a week or two then get the flu shot. I've been getting flu shots when they first come out in years past, but then I learned they are only supposed to last 6 months. So now I wait a bit and get it last. I do hope you all consider using this extra protection that vaccines can give. 

Today's quote:

Cicero claimed “older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every stage of their lives.”








3 comments:

  1. ...I like bumper stickers, but not on my car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had a sticker or two back in the 70s. I was religious then, and so were my two stickers. How embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mt. Washington one occasionally appears here. I've gone up that one the hard way.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.