Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Being Green

Do you grow anything?  I sure hope so.
Most of my endeavors are in pots...but I tried a couple of special beds this spring.


Be sure to check for heritage plants and seeds, if you don't already, or maybe it's heirloom.  Ah, someone needs to educate me about the difference,

40 heirloom-seed-suppliers.

The message is
 these can't be altered by GMO's.
Most are organic, or maybe that's required.
Some include hybrids, but will have them marked.  If you raise a plant that's not hybrid, it should have seeds that will be viable to plant another spring and get the same thing.

I'm not a true gardener, and certainly don't know much about plants. But I love to read about other folk's blogs about gardening, farming, living sustainably.


Quote for today:


Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.

Robert Louis Stevenson


2 comments:

  1. We don't grow much. I have a raised flowerbed in the backyard. Not very big though. It's starting to look ratty now. Happy September!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy September to you too. I guess heritage has to do with history, whereas heirloom can be seeds. Duh.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.