Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Who's been eating here?

I did have my lunch with me for my visit to Craggy Gardens Picnic area.  But there's really nothing more boring than sitting on a picnic bench and eating by yourself.  Unless there's a great view.  On a cloudy day, you kind of look at the patterns made by the grass mowers.

Or take a tour with the camera and just wander around.  Nice looking bathrooms.

Excellent lighting to play with the mirror and camera and get a new portrait for the blogs.


Around the perimeter of the mown areas, are greens and yellows, and some berries mixed in with flowers.\

Industrious bumble bees are enjoying themselves.  Watch  where you're stepping...

\
Someone else has been by here, since the mowers came, and this scat attracts butterflies.  It's probably not a dog, by the size of it, which the bear probably stepped in herself.


Someone also left a bedraggled feather that had since seen it's usefullness.



I found the elevation, no wonder I was moving more slowly than usual, since I live at around 2300 feet above sea level, I think.

2 comments:

  1. That's a real nice photo of you B, and wondering around you have taken some lovely photos to share with us today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that's a nice photo of you. You posted some really good photos - enjoyed your narrative too!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.