Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Craggy Garden Picnic Area

A few days back I toured the Parkway to see how it was looking.
Mowing had happened just the day before.
So there was the scent of fresh grass, as well as the piles of it in streams along the roadside.  Some of the overlooks had been done most recently.


I love the steep curvy road up to the picnic area.  Anticipation builds as you have to climb it slowly.




For once I didn't run into an RV coming down as Yoda Toyota climbed the hill.

Didn't stop to smell roses, but did get a nice pic of the yellows shining at me at the hairpin curve.

And finally, there is the meadow with picnic tables.

On Wednesday before Labor Day, not many picnickers.

Yoda Toyota had no trouble finding a place to park.

If you see this car on the road, what do you think as I pass you?  I just wish people wouldn't slow down beside me to read my stickers...they are best read standing still, not at 75 mph.

I'll have some more pictures of the Craggy Garden's Picnic area tomorrow.  It had some sign of wildlife on that freshly mown grass.

9 comments:

  1. That's a great post B. Lovely roads to take for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise...I'm sure your hairpin turns are much sharper in Glacier Ntl Park than ours here...enjoy the heights. Thanks for comments.

      Delete
  2. Your pictures actually inspired me to go to a map and look up and see where Craggy Gardens were - ah there you are, hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one did you use? Goggle Maps, MapQuest? Just curious.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a nice drive you had, and a pleasant place to picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how many nice drives there are around my area. I don't take enough of them! Thanks for checking in with me today.

      Delete
  4. Your driving up or down Black Mountain reminds me of the roads in Shawnee State Forest except these are not so well maintained but are better than they were in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't we lucky to live so near the amazing Parkway! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.