Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday Mural

Linking to Monday Murals

A well decorated retailing wall, with gravel on the slope above the mural, and kudzu (probably) growing across it and hanging down over the mural.  It faces a parking lot in Spruce Pine NC, where we recently visited. This community is a mining town, where much of the feldspar and the finest silica (for use in all technological devices) is mined still.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one! I suppose trains were very important to the mines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say they still are...and I hear the ones carrying coal from West Virginia go through my town all the time (going to power plants.)

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done Barbara, thanks for participating

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I've been to Spruce Pine many times, it looks like I need to return.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.