Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Where do they go in the winter?

 I stopped my walk yesterday to hear the approach of geese.  These Canada geese were honking as they went.
 They must have just formed up into a line, because they weren't an organized "V" yet.

And standing alone near me was this guy, who definitely heard them going by also.  But made no effort to join in.

The question I've been asking, Where do the go in the winter?  Down south is everywhere from South Carolina, to Georgia, to Florida.  I imagine there are lots of wetlands.  I just haven't ever heard of the main area they might like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.