Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, April 25, 2022

Cold at Community Gardens

 Last week was it, or the week before, a few frosty nights?

When I tried to walk around the Community Gardens...I gave up, took a few photos of plots, and didn't work against the cold winds. I knew it would also be cold if I tried to walk around Lake Tomahawk.

I feel like I've already posted these photos...but can't find a post with them on it...so maybe this is redundant.



x
This tree reminds me of something...do you know it?


These seedlings are protected by straw mulch, as well as wire fencing to keep Mr. Bunny out.

A couple of successfully covered plants for the cold nights...with a lot of rocks to keep the plastic in place!

Now at least I know the owner of this plot!

I wonder what these are...they look like they sprouted from twigs!

These look so delicious!

This chart was last updated in 2019. Good old COVID pandemic delays.



3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The garden is looking good. I hope the bunnies stay away. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...spring is such and encouraging time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those twigs with leaves are certainly interesting. We have just started letting our seedling remain uncovered at night, although history has shown a cold spell can still sneak in.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.