Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Near the Community Garden

 The Swannanoa flows along on the side of the gardens


In the distance are some of the Black Mountains, the oldest mountains in the US. Here some of them are also called the Seven Sisters.

A strange looking bird nest box, with a baffle to keep out animals who like to eat eggs. 
The highway in the distance is I-40.


I was really trying to capture the greening of the mountains...which starts in the lower elevations and creeps up the mountain sides.

My guess is these are raspberry canes along the wire, but I don't know the low plants. Maybe comfrey?

Today's quote:

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
-H.G. Wells, writer (21 Sep 1866-1946)

3 comments:

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.