Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Looking around the Grovewood Gallery

  

Beautiful hand made cooking implements. Not fly swatters!

Oh my goodness, just look at that fly! Glad to see he's dead! Wonder how that happened...



There were quite a lot of wood-worked items, compared to many pottery pieces they displayed in the past (pre-Covid-times.)

I liked these little boxes with magnetized lids!


These beautiful fabric pieces were just listed with a price tag, and titled "Stained Glass"


I was quite impressed by the hand work on these Stained Glass fiber art pieces.

My friend had tried to get me to lie across this bench for a photo...but she fit much better than I would!


I bought a card by this artist, Jane Voorhees. I was pretty sure I'd seen her work elsewhere in the Asheville/Black Mountain area.

Since I'm mailing the card as a thank you to my son and his family, here's a photo of it!





A display of pottery, wood working and wire sculptured animals


Today's quote:
"A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.” 
- Mae West

5 comments:

  1. ...I'd love to visit this shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you wood. I didn't even go upstairs where there's hand made furniture. It's amazing.

      Delete
    2. You would...not wood. My brain is on half power apparently!

      Delete
  2. The clocks particularly catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.