Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Some sights around town this Saturday

 

Of course there's a welcome sign at every major junction coming into Black Mountain. Here we are on NC 9 after getting off the I-40 exit...and heading up the hill into the center of town.



Going south on the 9, the overpass of I-40 is barely visible. I wanted to capture the trees really...which look like they're going to leaf fully after some blossoming time.



After going under the I-40 overpass, I passed the Huddle House sign, which refers to nothing but a slab of concrete and hasn't been there for years now.  This stop light is the popular turn into Ingles Grocery, where I'd just shopped. It wasn't too crowded, but they only had a couple of live checkers, and most people would line up there rather than use the "stupid" automatic check outs. I used the automatic, which kept telling me to leave my purchase on the counter, when it made more sense to load my basket. Ugh! And yes, it's a coolish grey day. Notice gas price has finally gone  below $4...just barely!


As I continued on the 9, a barbecue place (Phils) is on the left, and further on is the Cheshire community. I take the right fork which is Blue Ridge Rd, South. My reason for taking this photo was to see the greening of the mountains. It's kind of dull looking today, but is so bright on sunny days!


Through the windshield I saw these blooming bushes.

Soon I'll share the Community Garden, which was my next stop off Blue Ridge Rd. S.


Today's quote:
A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience
-Miguel de Cervantes, novelist (29 Sep 1547-1616)


2 comments:

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.