Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bucket Truck and weeds

Sitting on my front porch the other day...there's a bucket truck outside across the street!

Up he goes, cuts out a few branches (not clear from my view point)

And down he comes again - took maybe 4-5 minutes. 

Here's my vantage point from which I watched him...sorry about the overgrown iris, Susan dug out half of them, then put mulch down (where grass is intruding) and the rest didn't get divided this year, so they didn't bloom.  I've been trimming back the mint which wants to take over the right side of the steps...and left the potted geraniums to the left.



Since I haven't been able to divide the bulbs myself, I've been able to bend over just to weed the pansies around the birdbath.

This arrangement didn't work with the hot sun on the potted plants.

Quote for the day:

If you have built castles in the air your work need not be lost. That is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.  Henry David Thoreau



3 comments:

  1. OK, taking Mr. Thoreau's advice, I did get out and weed a bit this morning, and cut back the wild iris leaves to a 6 inch length, as well as the volunteer mimosa tree by the steps. But it got too hot, so I have to go finish after the sun goes down. There, I did something rather than whining about it (in case that's what I was doing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I had a bucket truck and several strong men to operate it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and you know I was wondering what they were charging for this quickie. It took them 15 min. parked out in the road, walking up and down, before they figured out what they were supposed to do. The directions were just in writing. Mmm. There were at least 4 men, 2 trucks, and even a little chipper trailer behind the bucket truck. Pretty expensive enterprise I would imagine!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.