Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Back at the home front

 

Back home at my neighborhood Ingles Grocery Store.


A very busy restaurant in Black Mountain...especially with the tourists. That weekend many extra folks came to the LEAF music festival, so this was a great place to go for lunch. We just waited 25 minutes to get a table...a bit rare, but we didn't have any good options.

A little bowl of cooked spinach was my delightful side, while I ate a Kylie Klucken fried chicken sandwich...with swiss cheese and a touch of broiled onions. I was surprised how good the spinach tasted!


Cathy had a wonderful cob salad, and took some of it home too! (This pic is from another lunch we shared together.)

Bette joined everyone else in checking her texts and emails after lunch! She had a meatball sub for lunch with sweet potato fries.



Wonderful orange leaves on the maples outside my windows.

For the season of lights, I've draped some twinkle lights in the bedroom window. So this is how it looks now. 


Betty White said:
“My mother always used to say, “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.”

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am sure the leaf peepers are out in full force. The trees are looking beautiful. The lunch sounds yummy, I like spinach.
    Take care, enjoy your day! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is due to rain, so many leaves will now fall. Glad you've got the beauty around you. I have always liked spinach cooked, which I have heard has better nutrients than raw. Have a good Sunday!

      Delete
  2. ...you had some gorgeous weather to enjoy. Betty White's mother was right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're not getting older, we're getting better. Maybe like wine?

      Delete
  3. Your windows look good inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so lovely there in the fall season. I love the view out your windows and the lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to having a lazy finger in decorations these days.

      Delete
  5. The lights are so welcome as the season darkens--I need to get mine out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes feel closer to the dark, and don't plug them in. Other days, we need the light!

      Delete
  6. I love the look of your windows, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I can't take any credit for the fall colors...they sure have been great here this year.

      Delete
  8. The lights and tbe leaves...beautiful. I think I might string up some lights too, yours look so nice.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.