Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

 So I went to the eye doc, and said I was having trouble seeing out of one eye when watching TV. She did all her tests, dilated my eyes for the last one, and then told me "You have cataracts, the slow growing kind and now the fast growing kind. You need to have them removed."


Yay, an answer I didn't expect. Except it means I still have blurry vision until I get an appointment...depending on surgeon's time. So I mosey along, trying to keep my feet under me, trying to not judge colors and brightness of things based on what I perceive, which has gradually become foggy!

Many of my friends have already had their cataracts removed. Some no longer need glasses. I'll look into that. It doesn't really cause any added anxiety in my life, which is a nice thing.



Today's quote:

Kindness enriches our life; with kindness mysterious things become clear, difficult things become easy, and dull things become cheerful.

Tolstoy

14 comments:

  1. I had the one in my left eye removed last spring. All went well. Right eye a bit fuzzy but not to the point that medicare will pay for it. I did not have vision corrected because I still have to wear glasses for right eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear. I would love to stop wearing glasses...but we shall see when the second one gets done...lots of appointments will be ahead.

      Delete
  2. ...I had both eyes done a few years ago and everything worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pirate has had both of his done three years ago I think ( he is now 83). He now sees detail in clouds tree and grass...and sees dust!!!!!
    Just keep up the eye drops when you have it done. Steroids to start with and then just lubrication

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear about Pirate's success. And getting the recuperation advice too!

      Delete
  4. I have cataracts and will probably have surgery in the near future. I look forward to hearing how your surgery goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, sister in eye-care! I'll let you know what it's like. My friends who've had it done are all positive about it.

      Delete
  5. I heard about beginning stage for about 5 years...and then didn't get my yearly exam in Jan, because I'd just had my lenses replaced on the "scratch guarantee" in Dec. I get the scratch proof coating that's guaranteed for a year, and can have the lenses replaced within that year...no charge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, Cataract surgery is big in our household. My wife couldn't see well at all at night and she's had both of her eyes done. I had my left eye done recently and the right eye is scheduled for next week. We're lucky that we live in a time where technology provides fixes for age related issues! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally found your blog again. My reader gave me lotsof problems so I transferred to another one. It brought along most of them but I have to search for the ones I'm missing.
    I had cataract surgery on my left eye 5 years ago and it was great to see clearly again but I still had to wear my glasses. Hope you're doing well, have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These days it's a fairly routine operation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, many of my friends have had the surgery. It’s in my future too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one (more than the other) developing, but it’s going slowly, as am I. 😀

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.