Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, October 31, 2022

More Halloween photos

 I had a few minutes of time, and a friend called to say there were all these well decorated houses on  Church St. downtown (in Black Mountain.) So I put on some presentable clothing...mainly layers over whatever I already was wearing, and drove over there.

I could park and walk up the street, because the crowd won't be coming till later this afternoon. This is THE PLACE to show your costumes and get treats! The street will be closed to traffic, and taken over by little goblins and their parents. 

But I decided to just drive by, so some of my photos through the car windows are maybe a bit blury, or cropped funny. But that way I didn't become part of the scenery. Only a couple of other cars went around me realizing what I was doing.

House 1, first shot

House 1, second shot.
People were busy still on ladders with hammers. I have no idea if children are going to be sliding down this slide...with what at the bottom. And I won't be there to watch!

House 2, first shot

House 2, second shot

House 2 third shot

House 4, first shot

House 4, second shot

House 5

House 6

House number 7

And where is house number 3 you're asking? Ha! It's a Halloween Spoof!

I continued driving around taking photos, and ended up in the Town Square. More tomorrow!

Today's second quote:
Betty White said:

“I’ve always liked older men. They’re just more attractive to me. Of course, at my age there aren’t many left!”


6 comments:

  1. Lots of people really get into Halloween in a big way these days. Decorations are getting bigger and more elaborate too. Such a change from when it was mainly a costume and a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy seeing what other's do in decorations...spending money that may help the economy I guess. Yes, we would carve a pumpkin and leave the porch light on for Trick or Treaters. When did that go out because of scared parents? I know some parents would drive to more affluent neighborhoods with a jammed up carfull of kids. Wise people without much income. My kids would just be able to go in their own neighborhood, which meant some sense of safety also.

      Delete
  2. ...I like the style of house #2, it looks like Arts and Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first few pics reminded me of something that I haven’t thought about for a long time. A haunted house in which we had to crawly through little tunnels with weird (there’s that word again) face peering at us through little windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Methodist church offered a flat piece of ground for a boy scout troop to build those tunnels, with black plastic walls! I was long gone before the kiddies arrived.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.