Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Happy November first

 Various religious groups have different celebrations this time of year.  So I'm just going to share some of the pretty fall photos around here, and hope everyone enjoys their holidays. Rabbit rabbit to those who do those wishes at the beginnings of months!

I walked around our Town Square the other day (Halloween to be exact) and found very few people about. It had rained off and on all day, but was a bit drier at this time.

This cute little ghoul has withstood a bit of rain, no wonder he looks kind of droopy! I think his sign says Black Mountain Elementary.



Our Black Mountain Logan is "The Little Town That Rocks" and these chairs are for photo ops


In the distance, across State St, are the Pure Station/Restaurant, then the Glass Blower mural, then the Yarn Shop.


Mr. Spider sits by the rocking chairs, with one leg on one of them, and the fire station behind him. I'll have another bit of news about it later this week.



A lovely wire sculpture of a young woman with a basket of flowers.

Poor old scarey guy has almost lost his boot. Someone wanted to see his ankles, I hope they're happy!

The fountain


Miss Scarecrow I think, based on her hat and apron...





Leaving the Town Square the gate opens onto Montreat Rd.


Wasn't that a nice walk through the little town square? The plantings are beautiful, and well cared-for by our Beautification Committee of volunteers (plus some grants that help with their new items like mulch and seasonable plants).


Today's quote:

Not being able to govern events, I govern myself. 

-Michel de Montaigne, essayist  (1533-1592)

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just love the beautiful fall colors. The Halloween decorations are cute. Happy November to you! Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I do enjoy other's creative efforts these days! And sharing them with you all! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Someone did a good job decorating the square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THey certainly had several crews at work on it! Happy to hear from you Marcia!

      Delete
  3. ...I'm happy to just celebrate the beauty around me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful trees! The decorations are great too. I would like to see that glassblowing meal. Have you posted a picture of it before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll look for the link to the mural...it's really beautiful.

      Delete
  5. What a great walk around the town square. It really looks beautiful with the fall colors and the Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice displays! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy and healthy November! Your town square has so many creative displays, Barbara! I also like the giant rocking chairs. We had quite a few trick or treat children last evening--almost 70! It was mild weather so perfect to be out. I'm not sure why you did not see my blog's first photo collage? So sorry! Maybe if you have time, try looking again. I looked at it is still up on my blog and no one else told me they could not see it. It might a big file to load?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had lots of photos that wouldn't open today, even on my own blog. I cleared my emails, rebooted the old laptop, hope that solves it. The other problem might be sketchy internet coming through. I just tried again and it worked!!

      Delete
  8. The town square tour was wonderful. Lots of colour everywhere and some wonderful creative Halloween decorations. Thanks you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bright red trees are captivating.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.