Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The new routine

 

On sunny days the plants in the windows are so happy. Not so much on rainy ones. I've found they are dry much more than I expected. I have to learn the routine of watering them adequately with the sun and heater drying them out.


A fond farewell to the outside plants. I'll pull them out and recycle the pots...I just want to wait till they die from the frost (last 2 nights). Somehow I can't make mself throw out live plants.

Today's quote:

One eye sees, the other feels. —Paul Klee

11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your window plant look happy. Our outdoor plants are gone now, due to the most recent frost. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes, frost season is upon us.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well, the indoor ones don't get it, even when outside rains for a whole day. I need to go flood them myself!

      Delete
  3. I can't toss live plants either. It just goes against my gardening grain. Mine are struggling too, but I am trying to keep some geraniums and begonias alive through winter, along with some succulents. I am not very good with houseplants though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first winter I culled so many of my outside plants. It was also due to having some "white fly" infestation, which is a fungus. Easy to happen here, since my porch is north facing and seldom dries out. So I had to let go of some of my favorite plants.

      Delete
  4. Maybe the plants won't die after two nights of frost. Wait and see what happens. I'm hoping they survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already planning to put the coleus plants into the planters.

      Delete
  5. Plants that we thought were dying are now alive and well sitting in a sunny room. Glad we kept them. Wow, what a beautiful new header, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in the subarctic 😁, the outdoor pots have been emptied for the winter for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.