Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Look what drove up beside me!

 


I don't know the year of this Cadillac Eldorado convertable, but it was so smooth when it pulled in beside my car as I was about to leave. The guys got out, and I could have probably walked around it taking more pictures, but I'm too shy to do more than think of that in retrospect.

So I backed out, and checked that I wasn't blocking traffic, and click, this photo was mine.

I acutally didn't want to edit it, because it seems like a modern expresionist painting, those bright flat colors set against each other! Well, ok, I could take out the trash can and the ac unit. 

There, the edited version!

Now somebody tell me about that car! To me it looks like what presidents would ride in in parades in the 70s-80s. 

Today's quote: (Sorry about his misogenistic view of the world.)

 "A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to arouse interest but long enough to cover the essentials."  Ronald Knox, writer/priest.

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I do not know much about cars. You are right that it could be riding in the parades. Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Eileen. Today my replies are disappearing! Have a great holiday!

      Delete
  2. Although we may not prefer the metaphor, that is true about sermons and many things that go too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is (and this is my second attempt to reply!)

      Delete
  3. We've been seeing a Cadillac like that around our neighborhood lately too. Now I'm wondering what year it might be. Mmm. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's after the wonderful big fish tails...so maybe 70s or 80s? Just my guess.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.