Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, November 14, 2022

Catching up at Fire Station

 

 The new concrete has all been poured and it looks like some of the engines are inside.

What is next door?

There's the Black Mountain Police Department.
Of course there are several police cruisers parked outside, but I didn't think I should be taking too many photos. Not that they would really care about an old lady who blogs, but they might think I'm a front for some nefarious organization. (I know, I read (watch) too many action detective stories!)

So let's cross the street.


Across Montreat Rd. is the White Horse...an entertainment venue.

And in the other direction, across Midland Blvd, or perhaps Richardson, not really sure...is the Welcome Center. There are a couple of merging streets there.


The building to the right behind the trees is The Bistro Restaurant, where I frequent sometimes with friends. THis was on Sunday morning, so everything was shut down.

The Chamber of Commerce runs this visitor center, and brochures and maps of the area are available. I remember going there the first few weeks I lived here, and they had so many answers for me! Don't miss the red huge roocking chair bedecked with sunflowers and cornstalks and pumpkins. It says "Black Mountain, The Little Town that Rocks."

Today's quote:

Steve Jobs once said, "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."



14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    They worked fast on the fire house. I like the white Horse mural. The Bistro looks like a cute place!
    Take care, have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the firemen and women were relieved to have things back the way they belonged. I like the Bistro in the summer mainly, to eat out on their patio. The inside is nice, but tends to get pretty loud when crowded.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Any time, my little town is, after all, the purpose of this blog!

      Delete
  3. I suppose some little ones have been posed in the red rocker for time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, probably even a few limber older folks too! There's another big one nearby on the Town Square.

      Delete
  4. A nice tour of the little town that rocks. I like the saying and that rocking chair. Nice mural of the horse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to capture it without cars in front of it, probably from the church next door. I'll try for a better photo!

      Delete
  5. I think I've only photographed a police station once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mural is stunning! I like the look of the bistro, very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice restaurant, and I am drooling thinking of its menu!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.