Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, November 21, 2022

Simple pleasure

 



I feel like a new parent. And I'm becoming a bit obsessed with this simple little cactus. 



Two days open and the white frilly things have kind of shrunk up.

And another bud is opening...
I can't wait to see what happens with this multi-budded leaf.

But it's all about balance. The outside plants have died. So having one inside that's blooming, just pleases me no end. 

What's your simple pleasure these days?


Today's quote:

It seems that for success, in science or art, a dash of autism is essential. For success the necessary ingredients may be an ability to turn away from the everyday world, from the simple practical, an ability to rethink a subject with originality so as to create in new untrodden ways. -Hans Asperger, physician (1906-1980)

16 comments:

  1. Hello, I love your pretty cactus blooms. It is one of my favorite house plants. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Have a great week. I loved seeing the beach on your Mon. post!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful...and fascinating close up.
    My simple pleasures.. every meal try and incorporate something we have produced

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t kn ow that I have one pleasure, but there are many things that help with the times, particularly winter times. Family and photography, including JJ’s hockey, come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cactus flower is so beautiful. I love that you are photographing it. Our simple pleasure these days is our mile-long neighborhood walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blooms have a lot of personality. My simple pleasure today is making cranberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cactus flower. It is so beautiful. Lovely photos. Our simple pleasure these days is our one mile neighborhood walk on a beautiful sunshiny day. (This is NewRobin13 commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! I like Christmas cactus so much! But mine just dropped all its buds. :/ I don't know if I over watered or if it was just the shock of moving inside that caused it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too bad, perhaps the shock in temperature change. I looked up on Google and it said they like to be dry until they are blooming, when frequent watering is advised. I'm kind of barely watering it. But it had already been in a warm environment at the grocery, so it didn't have a temperature shock. Maybe yours will bloom for Christmas!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.