Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, November 27, 2022

When it's cold and grey outside

 


Enjoy some color inside!!

It's been a long time since I treated myself to a bouquet of flowers. Ah, they don't follow the seasonal coloring either! That's just fine with me.



I'm not a shopper, so Black Friday sales have no interest for me. I have to remind myself to avoid all retail stores though.

I don't know if this has ever happened to you but...the other day, I noticed that I am not just the medical diagnosis that I carry around. I am separate from that medical person...which is like a blouse I put on and can take off. I'm also separate from other identities that many people may see or know as myself...the elderly woman, the person living simply on a fixed income, the person who lives alone, the matriarch of my family, the climate activist, the church volunteer, the person that sometimes gets silly.  

All of those shirts definitely belong to me...but hey, I'm still the one inside wearing them.



Todays Quote:

They know enough who know how to learn. 
-Henry Adams, historian and teacher  (1838-1918)

12 comments:

  1. ...flowers can brighten the dullest day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you wrote about yourself. A truly enlightening realization and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing that and the beautiful flowers. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Wearing different "personas" or blouses makes life interesting!

      Delete
  3. You are a lot of women or at least a lot of blouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it...I didn't even mention the ones when I was holding a job, or being a mom with kids!

      Delete
  4. I agree, inside I am still 30, young and string and sure I can do anything. No one sees that me. ..except me. I am granny, great granny, mom, big sister, gardener, canner, simple living old person, strange neighbor, storyteller...so many other things to others, but to me I am that young shy homesteaders trailing 4 little boys behind her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so delightful to hear. I love being 30, and am never going to give that up!

      Delete
  5. Bright blooms for these days of early darkness. And yes to your musings on selfhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this sunset around 5 something just is incredible! I do like most of the blouses I wear!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.