Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Sepia Saturday suggests...



A very popular configuration, with ice and water dispenser on the outside of refrigerator door, freezer is a drawer which pulls out.

I looked for the harvest gold and avocado greens which were popular in the 70s...couldn't find a one. So this is a bit different in a color scheme! Perhaps it had to do with the freon or coolant which was banned in refrigerators. I don't know. This is a brand I never heard of.

Admiral was a known brand of refrigerators back in the day.

I had two refrigerators with this configuration, and liked them both. Until the last one died while I was out of town, and I came home to a flood on the floor and all that dead frozen food. Ugh!

Now this is what a real refrigerator looks like these days!

Another one ...I'm not telling which one is mine!


So that's all I could share today on the Sepia Saturday meme of Refrigerators.

Today's quote:

The first forty years of life give us the text; the next thirty supply the commentary on it. -Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788-1860)

14 comments:

  1. My fridge looks much like the last couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a relief! I visit some of my family and their's don't have any magnets...what's the matter with them!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    My fridge is similar to the last two. It has lots of magnets. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...we are nearly the end of home renovation, the kitchen cabinets were installed yesterday and the appliances will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our refrigerator magnets. What did we ever do without them? Great fridge pics! (NewRobin13 commenting as anonymous.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Robin. I have serious wonders about those bare refrigerators in some homes.

      Delete
  5. My current refrigerator looks like the last one. But more photos covering the front. I spray painted a fridge yellow once. And one I painted red. I've never bought a pre-colored fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, great to know more photos are exhibited at your kitchen. I certainly went through many a drawing or painting of my kids until there wasn't any space left!

      Delete
  6. I have an under the counter fridge. Some people have bigger ones and they're called American sized fridges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few magnets and notes and things on my fridge too :) My freezer is hidden behind a wooden cupboard door, though, so that's all neat and clutter-free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our fridge has a similar eclectic decor complete with magnets, postcards, photos, and the occasional New Yorker magazine cover. The current trend in ultra-modern kitchens is "smart refrigerators" complete with a tablet display and WiFi internet connection. I think they can "talk" to you and remind you when its low on milk or eggs. Too smart for me though.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.