Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

The beauty of the mountains

When it finally got above freezing yesterday, and my cough had settled somewhat, I drove up to Montreat to the 25% sale at Ten Thousand Villages store. As I turned onto Montreat Rd. in the center of Black Mountain, this was what I saw.



No snow had fallen (that I saw) that morning. But on the peaks there sure was a nice coating showing off. Here you see the Fire Station behind the traffic, and the spire of the First Baptist Church. It faces Montreat Rd. which takes a swerve in that direction. I always think it's straight from this intersection, but it curves several times.

So I had to go to my favorite view of snowy mountains over the lake, at the "no parking" place where I parked and said a prayer and incantation that my 2 minutes to take a few photos would keep it invisible.


As you can see, I didn't even walk down the hill to the path around the lake. It was quite breezy and cold off the water, so I set a record getting back to the car.

Today's quote:

Leaving home in a sense involves a kind of second birth in which we give birth to ourselves.

 - Robert Neelly Bellah, sociologist and author (1927-2013)


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's true. Rainy today and chilly. Not good for taking photos at all!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Love the photo of the mountains and the lake, it is a pretty scene. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ,,,you sure live in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow on mountains here yet but it's coming. Nice to put that photo on your header to remember the view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fall leaves are all on the ground, so it was time for beginning to accept the long winter nights (and short days when the sun might shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you went to your favorite view spot and shared it here with us. It is so beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful shot from the No Parking spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a treat waiting up Montreal Rd.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.