Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Some of my favorite things

 

The Doughnut Economics model simplified, showing that the area of Safe Space for Humanity coincides with sustainable economic development. This is one use for this model, and several others look to all human needs on the inner circle compared to the environmental needs on the outer circle. See my earlier post HERE.


Spaceship Orion takes a photo of earth, to replicate the time in 1972 an astronaut took the same view. Orion is about to go around the moon and obtain scientificd data. Something about moving toward more trips to Mars...

These are a few of my favorite things!

Today's quote:

You can either live with a life based on fear, or one based on love. Can't very well make decisions each day without acknowledging which way you live. Sure we have fears. But I believe that love is the answer to hate, 'cause fear sure doesn't do a thing to it. But fears are real, and need to be addressed with the same love. This is the root of courage. Just my opinion.

Barbara B. Rogers, 2017

11 comments:

  1. The earth photo is cool. We need more love. Great quote, thanks for sharing. Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to knowing but not always being able to live with that ideal. Still allowing myself to be human. More love definitely won't hurt a thing!

      Delete
  2. There will be many challenges in getting to Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..."These are a few of my favorite things," a favorite song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing images of the moon. I was just out photographing the morning sky with a beautiful crescent moon and Mars! Great quote, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...waiting to see your crescent moon photos with Mars!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Barbara, for showing us how to love the Earth!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.