Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Monday, October 3, 2022

Fun houses and maybe some fall colors

 



I've got more of these to share...

when I feel better.

I have been dealing with my usual cough, and nose run to add to it, and tummy issues. So that's been the last 5 days. COVID test was negative.  I've canceled one of my favorite fall excursions up to the Parkway and the Altapass Apple Orchard.

So I'll give you something to look at while I get better...I hope.

From a parking lot...





Today's quote:

You cannot begin to preserve any species of animal unless you preserve the habitat in which it dwells. Disturb or destroy that habitat and you will exterminate the species as surely as if you had shot it. So conservation means that you have to preserve forest and grassland, river and lake, even the sea itself. This is not only vital for the preservation of animal life generally, but for the future existence of man himself -- a point that seems to escape many people. -Gerald Durrell, naturalist and author (7 Jan 1925-1995)

19 comments:

  1. Fun houses! And good Autumn colour. Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, first reply disappeared. I said something about trying "Old wives" techniques, and now will talk with medical person today.

      Delete
  2. Oh these really are fun houses! Do people actually live in them. I am sorry to hear you haven't been well and hope that you will recover soon. I agreed totally with the quote from Gerald. Stay safe, be well, enjoy your week and thankyou for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fun houses even if you're not having fun in your house. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure plan to get better soon. Need to try to go to the gym tomorrow. I'll be slow and gentle with my efforts that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. ...these sure are fun houses. I'm off to the doctor tomorrow for my cough. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a rash on my face on top of everything else, so will ask for something to treat it too. Hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
  5. Cool fun houses and lovely fall photos. Hope you feel better soon, Barbara. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they a hoot? I've got some more that I'll share soon. Thanks for good wishes. Today to Dr., and tomorrow hopefully to gym.

      Delete
  6. Barbara, Love those fun houses! My wife and I plus her sister and her husband all came down with Covid in the past few days. We were traveling together. Not a fun time! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's, cough cough, terrible. Mine just lives in my lungs all the time, and wears me down sometimes. Hope to treat the rash on my face when I go to Dr. today, and maybe to gym tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I'm feeling better. Hope you all get over the covid easily!

      Delete
  7. Hello Barbara,
    I hope you feel better soon. Love the fall colors and trees. The houses are so cute! Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara! I love these fun and fanciful houses!

    PS: I have enabled blog comment moderation on my blog to cut down on spam comments, so I have to approve every comment before it is published. It sometimes takes me a couple hours to see the comments waiting for moderation, so it isn't anything that you or Blogger is doing wrong. I am in Mountain Time zone so a few hors after you in EST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha...there's usually something saying comments are being moderated and will appear later. I must have missed that. Great to see your post.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Since I just slept late and am not going to the gym, you are my new advice giver! We're on the same line of thought anyway.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.