Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Thursday, October 6, 2022

When they first became famous...

 


This shows some later years of Beatles!


Comparing 1964 to 1969



The Doors

The Doors 1970

I don't have all that many band photos. So these will have to suffice! Do you have favorite bands with early photos?

Today's quote:

Bertrand Russell
Make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life. An individual human existence should be like a river — small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past rocks and over waterfalls. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being.


11 comments:

  1. The Beatles are one of my favorites. I do not have any band photos. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always interested in what the people 5-10 years younger than myself have liked for entertainment. At this time of year I can certainly skip all the horror shows though!

      Delete
  2. I know the early Beatles but not the later iterations. I don’t know The Doors at all although I have heard of them. As you can see, I don’t follow pop music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you've chosen to listen to other kinds of music. I like some classical but when it's not available, I'm ok with soft rock, or jazz.

      Delete
  3. ,,,the Beatles have never been favorites of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wonder if John had lived what the dynamic would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if there hadn't been a Yoko Ono to influence him! That would have been interesting!

      Delete
  5. I was a fan of The Beatles right from the beginning. I have an old Beatles button that I used to wear way back in the mid 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I never saw them live, and admit to wondering what all the fuss was about with kids screaming at concerts, which I saw on TV some. Recorded music was always fun...as well as their movies.

      Delete
  6. Interesting quote. Sometimes I imagine that we all end up in a sea of love.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.