Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Finally working on house needs

 If you're also my FB friend you may have already seen these photos.


So I finally taped bubble wrap on the bathroom window, which is the north side of the apartment.

I hope that reduces some of the cold that comes blowing down the steep hill my apartment is perched on. 

Weather yesterday reached 57, today is supposed to have rain sometime. But it did rain yesterday morning when I went for blood-work. Sunny by afternoon when I went to one doc. Found I do enjoy cruising  along an interstate...when there aren't crazy drivers around. May try going on Blue Ridge Parkway again soon....not looking for pictures, just for the fun of driving.

My she-ro, Greta Thunberg, was arrested at a demonstration in Germany yesterday. 

They were protesting the expansion of a coal mine which means people losing their homes.



A page of history is worth a volume of logic. -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., US Supreme Court Justice (1841-1935

)

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. These are newish windows, when the building was rennovated 6 years ago...so they're double paned. But the north wind doesn't care, and finds ways to seep through. So I am definitely more resourceful.

      Delete
  2. ...I have driven the Blue Ridge Parkway several times, what a drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually with winter bones showing, the stops allow me to see those mountain slopes easier, and to learn the names as the book I mentioned (I think I did) which gives them.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I think parts of the Skyline Drive are still close, due to ice and tree branches down in the road.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dare say many areas will still be closed, where the tunnels are usually there's ice. I'll just go as far as I can, turn around and come back...my aim is to get to be able to drive longer distances so I can visit friends and relatives further away when opportunity arrises. I'm physically a wet rag after just a bit of effort these days. So baby steps.

      Delete
  4. Bubble wrap window cover is new to me, but we have certainly used plastic wrapping over leaky windows. You can get them in kits here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the plastic insulation, but don't have that available...where as I did have lots of bubble wrap ready to mail out my pottery, back when I was selling it. I keep thinking I'll ship some to relatives still. I actually think bubble wrap provides more insulation, but that's neither here nor there.

      Delete
  5. That bubble wrap is an interesting idea for keeping out the cold. I hope it works.
    Love that photo of Greta Thunberg. She gives me hope for the future of our planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have you comment as you again. Yes Greta is a very great leader...who gives a positive voice for the next generations.

      Delete
  6. Bubble wrap should keep the cold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a neat trick, and I hope whenever Mr. Winter reappears that it works.

      Delete
  7. Greta is willing to stand up and speak plain. Good for her.
    I will try the bubble wrap on some of our windows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know Greta also has some other young friends who stand up to big corporations, but she's still a star.

      Delete
  8. The bubble wrap looks like specialty glass! Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.