Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Rainy daylillies and a recent book

From an older post...

These earliest day lilies are Stella d'Oro. A smaller flower without the pointed edges, which usually has a curl to their edges.  Maybe when they dry out again.


From June 2019



I have loved Sally's acting, in movies. I never watched her Giget or Flying Nun TV shows.  But I had some trouble reading this.

This audio book also was read by Sally. It was a long book, details of many difficult times in her life, then finally Sally made it in her goals in life, in spite of how many mistakes she made and a crappy childhood.

All in all, it's a nicely crafted book. I think I would have preferred reading the text, but you never know.  Listening to it helped me stay in a really blue funk however...and I could have done without that.


Today's quote:

And I realize that no matter where I am, whether in a little room full of thought, or in this endless universe of stars and mountains, it’s all in my mind.


—Jack Kerouac

11 comments:

  1. ...many have difficult lives, but give a daylily enough water and it will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reply disappeared. I think I said I don't really love daylilies.

      Delete
  2. I never loved the Stella d’oros. I do remember Sally but didn’t know of her troubles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Sally wasn't ever in the news as havind difficulties, they were hidden. Those flowers are prized by some, I could live without them.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    The daylilies are pretty. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the flowers. Have a good Thursday, Eileen!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty daylilies. I remember the movie Sybil from the 70s that she starred in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.