Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Rebuffed by the bookstore cat

 

He had greeted us at the door, and even let me tickle him along his back near his tail, as he walked away. He knows how to take a bath and rebuff anyone who wants to be frriends. I think he's a tuxedo cat, but since he stuck his head you know where, I couldn't guarantee it. That's his head closest to you in the photo.


Let's try this position...


And one must constantly lick where those strange flavors come out!

I gave up and went in search of books!

More on our escapade to Sylva NC bookstores has been in my various posts this last week!

Sharing with Saturday Critters!

Today's weather report: from yesterday's forecast of snow...lots has come down, very little sticking. So what stuck overnight is on top of ice from all afternoon. It didn't get below freezing until after dark. BUT, it won't get above freezing all day to day. Do I want to go to lunch on the other side of the mountain pass? I know that the interstate will have been treated and kept clear. It's just my little parking lot on a steep hill I worry about. I'll let you know later...

Today's quote:

Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you. -Ruth Bader Ginsburg, US Supreme Court justice (1933-2020)



21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry...blogger hid this comment, but I'm a detective of comments, and I found it!

      Delete
  2. I always loved shopping in Sylva and it's neat to hear about your weather. We retired to Florida but I still love the mts of NC! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm the opposite...retired from FL to the mountains of NC. It must balance the world out that we did that!

      Delete
  3. Hello Barb,
    It is nice to see you linking up your cute kitty post. It is a pretty cat, the chair must be it's favorite spot!
    I hope you stay safe and warm today. It is cloudy but cold here today. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your comment also got hidden...so I'm glad to find it finally. Some days lots are hiding, and some days none at all. Keep warm and safe yourselves.

      Delete
  4. If it is b&w, it is a tuxedo cat IMO. Cats washing their paws etc is very cute, but sometimes we just have to avert our eyes. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a very nice tuxedo face, which he turned away from me. Having lived with and been support staff for many cats, it's all ok to see by me.

      Delete
  5. Cats! No manners at all! Love the quote from RBG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure said some important things! Yes, manners for cats is out the window.

      Delete
  6. That's a very cute kitty cat even in its private moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Since he had disappeared by the time we came upstairs from lunch (to browse just a few more minutes), the teddy bear was all by himself in the chair.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. And you can't very well say, "look this way, kitty," and they'll comply. Much more likely they'll bolt.

      Delete
  9. Nice tuxedo cat!

    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2023/01/recent-haul-from-saul-kere.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice book store cat. I think all bookstores should have a cat.

      Delete
  10. If you went to the other side of the mountain for lunch and managed to slip slide in and out of your parking lot, congrats! Wishing you a thaw soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cat looks particularly chilled out.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.