Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Blooms and mountains last summer...and a big furry friend

  


A neighbor took this photo off their back porch. I'm sure this dear little furry friend has gotten into our garbage bins at times. We now have them tied down with straps. When the pickup service comes on Thursday, the maintenance man undoes the straps.



Isn't this a beauty?

I hesitate to post this, because it's not mine, and I don't know who took it. I hope if you know you'll tell me.

A beautiful summer combination.

Sharing with Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) photo linkup party. Though I am not quite wordless!



Today's quote:
The tax which will be paid for the purpose of education is not more than the thousandth part of what will be paid to kings, priests, and nobles who will rise up among us if we leave the people in ignorance. 
-Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect, and author (1743-1826)

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the Black bear photo. The flowers are beautiful. The view of the mountains is gorgeous. Lovely photos.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them around, but never that close. That photographer was braver than I am.

      Delete
  2. ...that clump of Joe-pye weed is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely, especially when attracting butterflies.

      Delete
  3. We have bears locally, but we never see them in town. I think that’s a good thing, as cute as they might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our town is slowly expanding into their woodland territory. Vacation homes are being built on incredible inclines...and it takes a bear visitor to educate the newcommers. The residents know how clever they are...one was even known to walk around downtown Asheville last year.

      Delete
  4. Love these photos, and what a wild surprise to see a bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do come around human settements, because they smell our barbecues, or trash. It's really hard to keep them away.

      Delete
  5. Wow, a surprise visitor. I'd be nervous if I happened to come across it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very careful walking by our garbage bins...and really careful at night. Use my flashlight too.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.