Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

New Restaurant in town

 

The Taco Billy sign is right behing that SUV.
It is located in the old Seven Sister's Gallery. That's easy for locals to find.

And it's in good company. New Taco Billy on the left, then Black Mountain Kitchen entrance to its stairs going down to a cozy pub, and on the right, directly in front of us is the Veranda Restaurant, which often has people sitting on that bench waiting their turn for a table. 

I wonder how many will give up and get tacos instead!

And I just looked at Taco Billy's menu online! Or here it is as I downloaded it.



This menu must be from the Asheville restaurant, because the hours in Black Mountain are 8-8, Tues-Sat. and 8-3 on Sun.  At least that's what their site said. In winter in Black Mountain there aren't many things open at 8 pm.

Photo by my frriend Kathy Phillips...here is the breakfast taco "Billy Joel"


Today's quote:

Science is built with facts as a house is with stones, but a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house. -Jules Henri Poincaré, mathematician, physicist, and philosopher (1854-1912)

14 comments:

  1. YUM, I love tacos! Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...except those you buy at grocery stores and then chop all the fillings yourself!

      Delete
  2. ...the Restaurant business is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a taco truck here in town. It seems to be popular, but I was unimpressed when I tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I've ever tried a taco truck's food. I have a couple of other restaurants with those as specialties. My favorite lets you order each ingrediant that you want.

      Delete
  4. I always like seeing the cafe and store fronts there. Looks like such a nice little town. I don't think I've ever eaten a taco. Isn't that wild? I've always been a burrito fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! You have so many options! Here we are actually limited. There are chain restaurants of course, but really local options, well, not so many. And some not so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of folks who want to move away from the chains. We just have 3 drive thrus...Taco Bell, Micky D's, and Wendys. You have to drive 7 miles to a Burger King.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like it could be a great little place to enjoy Mexican food and I love that food.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.